[ale] OT: Flat-Screen TV Furniture

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 16:21:34 EDT 2007

I've been forced by circumstance (namely, failing HV power supply, I'd
wager) into replacing a >10-year-old tube TV set.

As if wrapping my brain around the vagaries of HDTV and eyepatch- and
parrot-wearing cable companies weren't enough, I'm having trouble
finding appropriate furniture to put the modest 32" diag. set on.

The offerings at Target, Ikea, and Wal-Mart have not thrilled.
Something in a dark brown wood, suitable for corner placement, with or
without an arm sticking up for rear-mounting, and game console/DVD
player shelves and (preferably) DVD/tape/game storage are selling
points.  Can't spend, oh, $500.  Any ideas?

- Jeff