[ale] [OT] External USB drives

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:50:01 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 12:33 -0400, S C C wrote:

> FAT32 for compatibility with Win/Mac/Linux :(

Hrm.

I don't know about other distributions, but Ubuntu has excellent support
for NTFS partitions by way of FUSE.  As I understand it, FUSE works on
OS X, now, too, so NTFS might be an option to use there.  However, I use
ext2/ext3 on everything, even drives that I use under Windows.  I use
ext2ifs to read/write such drives under Windows.

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                                Web:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!