[ale] OT: Job Upgrade Engineer?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jan 25 10:06:59 EST 2007

Since there is a job posting here I will add another one.

I have a friend who is looking for someone to do remote support of about
1000 SCO Unix systems.  They need software on each system updated via
tape and need someone to do that for them.  Estimates are that this is a
3-4 month position where you will be a contractor.

Good news is that you'll work from home and use a modem to dial into the
system and occasionally call the remote site to do things like insert a
tape in the drive.  You'll upgrade the software and then do SA stuff
like verify that the backups are scheduled, etc.  It seems like they
might have let the upgrade slip and need someone to get them caught up
and make sure they are doing things right.

Email me off list if interested.