[ale] Citrix OT

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jan 22 17:07:44 EST 2007

>   Here is the problem. We just converted to Citrix at work and they have
> restricted almost everything. I need access to a couple of digital
> cameras and they are not working. I have some space set aside for my
> personal stuff.  Is there any applications that are windows based that
> will allow me access these cameras. I thought about downloading Firefox
> into that space and then installing the drivers but am not sure?

Not sure how installing Firefox would help.. but..

I'm thinking:  1. Cheap Klunker Personal Laptop.
               2, Knoppix/Ubuntu Live CD.. reboot,

Anyplace that Citrix is being used for tight desktop control..
Well..

               3. Time to consider the future viability of the
                  business, or at least your part in it.

------------------------------

  I once had a programmer leave for his "dream job",
  "Web Architect" at a major regional health insurance company.
  The job was frustrating: he spent 50% of his time in meetings,
  the other 50% trying to get things he needed for his
  job installed on his workstation in a working fashion,
  which he was not allowed to do, nor had access to.

  After 3 months of this BS, he walked in in a bright tie-die
  t-shirt, cutoff and flip-flops.. His boss just said:
  "Oh, God! You're going back to THEM" and rolled her eyes..
  (She knew us..)