[ale] rdesktop through a firewall?

ale list ale at gurlhax0r.org
Sat Jan 20 20:01:18 EST 2007

Jerry Yu wrote:
> Tina, can you rdesktop to the XP box on its own LAN?

yes

As a matter of fact, I have actually ssh to a linux box on the network
that xp pro is on and run rdesktop to that xp pro box and displayed it
here on my box.

RemoteDestkop could
> be disabled on XP or disallowed by its personal firewall.

the personal firewall on the xp box is off.

> On Windows XP, try 'netstat -p tcp -a -n' to determine whether TCP/3389 is
> listening.

I'll have to try that from that location.  I would expect so, since I
turned on the remote access.   It's got to be something between the two
firewalls I'm missing.

--
Tina