[ale] redhat network

Lane Oden loden at ncpsolutions.com
Wed Jan 3 10:48:17 EST 2007

I actually printed out some licensing materials yesterday. Working with
the IT Operations manager on some licensing stuff for the investment
firm that owns a large chunk of the company I work for.

Are you talking about Section 11 of the Subscription Agreement?
Basically... Red Hat will take care of making sure you're legal so long
as you maintain an update subscription?

11. Open Source Assurance Program

If any portion of the Software is found to infringe any third party
intellectual property rights and Client has complied with all the terms
of this Agreement, then for each Installed System for which the Client
is current in its subscription fees, Red Hat will, at its expense and
option: (i) obtain the rights necessary for Client to continue to use
the Software consistent with this Agreement; (ii) modify the Software so
that it is non-infringing; or (iii) replace the infringing portion of
the Software with non-infringing code. The foregoing will not apply to
claims arising from: the combination of the Software with products or
services not provided by Red Hatl the modification of the Software
pursuant to specifications of Client; the modification of the Software
other than as directed by Red Hat; or use of the Software in a manner
not permitted or contemplated hereunder.

Or is there something new I need to go chase down?