[ale] linux / moonshine project query

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Jan 1 16:37:03 EST 2007

For some reason this reminds me of an old song where a trucker speeds
after being egged on by a guy with the CB Handle "White Knight".  At the
end it turns out "White Knight" is actually a police officer who pulls
over the trucker for speeding.  Rather a humorous song albeit a dirty
trick.

It seems based on all the input here the best place to ask the question
about legality and actual use of the permit would be with the ATF.   The
comment about not monitoring whether it gets denatured after it is made
sure makes it sound like its supposed to be denatured.  Of course even
if the ATF has no problem you'd still want to check with the State to
make sure it had no problem with it then make sure your locality
(municipality/county) also have no restrictions - this is after all the
Bible Belt.

To me the comment about not monitoring is similar to saying the cops
don't have sobriety check points near me.  This doesn't mean it's legal
to drive drunk - just that they're not checking to see if I am at
random.  If they find out (e.g. I'm in an accident and they smell liquor
on my breath or they see me weaving) I'd learn fairly quickly if I
didn't know before that it is indeed illegal.

P.S.  What you originally posted was a technical question so wouldn't be
an abuse from that standpoint.  Also as shown by a recent ummm...
discussion thread many people on the list don't feel it should be
restricted to technical questions anyway so I think you're fine.