[ale] Bellsouth and SMTP

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Mon Feb 19 06:18:29 EST 2007

On Monday 19 February 2007 20:14, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> David Corbin wrote:
> > I know that Bellsouth prohibits incoming connections on port 25 for their
> > basic DSL package.  Does anyone know if that is also the case for people
> > with static IPs?
>
> 	The answer to that question would be yes it is the case for static IP
> accounts as well. I've got Crapsouth DSL at home as well with a static
> IP and they block port 25 inbound as well as outbound for any mail
> server but theirs. What I did was get a Xen VPS account from
> GrokThis.net and hosted my own MTA on alternative ports and now I have
> no problems.

What I've done so far, is use no-ip.com's "mail forwarding" service, which
works great and at $40 a year, is cheaper than a VPS.  But it's
$40/domain/year, and I may have two or three domains shortly, and I'm looking
for some solution here that won't strain the wallet.

--
David Corbin
Learn more about the FairTax - http://www.fairtax.org