[ale] Question: to LVM or not LVM

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Mon Feb 12 15:55:19 EST 2007

Thank you Chris and Greg for your answers.  LVM seems like a good match to the way I use my main system.  Right now, I'm still "playing" with Linux and while the benefits are certainly there, right now it isn't enough to add to my learning curve based on your answers.  It certainly doesn't seem like something I need on a laptop, either. :D

By the way, as it turns out Xen seems to need full virtualization for me to have an XP VM.  I could be wrong, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  My old laptop doesn't have the right processor to run Xen in full virtualization mode so I'm going to install VMWare and see what that does for me.

Thanks again for your time and your wisdom,
Robert Reese~