[ale] Lost Wireless on Laptop

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Feb 9 10:12:20 EST 2007

Hmm. The 8139too is a RealTek device. Check the contents
of /etc/modprobe.conf for the modules the system loads by default. You
may need to remove a line referring to 8139too and replace it with one
for the Intel card. I don't know the module for the Intel card.

Check the logs on the upgrades as the culprit is most likely one of
them.