[ale] suse 10.1 login problem

mike barnes mdb3624 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 21:32:34 EST 2007

Hi, I need some help with my daughters system. I upgraded to 10.1 suse a
while ago and when I did the upgrade the graphical side of the system has
stopped working including using the graphical login. I can login using the
text based suse, but since my daughter does not understand Linux, I need to
get X working properly.

What happens when I go to the graphic side is that the keyboard and mouse
stop responding forceing me to boot to the text side. Since, I consider
myself a novice administrator (been working on *unix platforms for years as
a developer) I am not sure what would be causing this issue. BTW, my system
has an NVIDIA graphics card on it which is being used.

Thanks for any help of documents which can help.

Mike Barnes