[ale] external USB drives, brand recommendations?

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 17:12:31 EST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 11:08 PM, Pete Hardie <pete.hardie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the recommendations!  I should find out what I
> got for Christmas and report back the list on my luck!

Hello all,

Well, here's the results:

I got a Toshiba HDDR120E02X, 120 GB USB 2.0 portable external drive.
USB-powered, so no extra
cordage (yeaaah!)

Works great.  No "power-saving" mode, recognized easily by my BIOS
(too easily - it got selected as boot device
over the internal HD).

Overall rating: 5d20

--
Pete Hardie