[ale] Point of Sale systems with Open source

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 13:44:52 EST 2007

Fellow Linux Enthusiasts,

I spoke to the manager of a restaurant we frequent and he's interested
in exploring an Open Source point of sale system to lower their costs
(plus, he's getting fed up with Squirrel, the proprietary one currently
in use).  Seems to me an OpenBravo/Tina-based thin client system would
be great for PoS, and a consulting/support opportunity for someone in
this group. If interested, let me know sometime during the holidays, I'm
planning to meet with him after New Year's to discuss it.

Best,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard