[ale] OLPC in the ATL

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat Dec 22 17:39:56 EST 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007, Grady Harris wrote:
> Got my "We are very sorry to report that your XO laptop will not be
> arriving by December 24. " email today.

Bummer! Don't give up hope yet. At least one report of someone receiving that
message after the laptop. Just as I just got my "Coming soon" message this
morning.

> Oh, well. More time to figure out a process for converting plain text
> books to one format or another. Does it load & display PDF quickly
> enough not to be distracting?

Don't know, have not connected to any other devices yet. Just got back
from buying a wireless card. Hope to temporally share a connection from my
computer so as to *not* have to take the DSL modem / router out of bridge
mode.

Pretty much every 'activity' (program) opens slow but seems reasonably snappy
to do stuff once open. Very awkward to use though, not only the small size,
but the interface is nothing like Linux or Windows.
--
William