[ale] anyone successfully installed Linux MCE?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:06:01 EST 2007

> On 12/21/07, Louis Zamora <LouisZ at senecadata.com> wrote:
>
> I am curious if anyone has a successful install of LinuxMCE with two or
> more tuner cards supporting both analog and digital?

Well not with LinuxMCE exactly, but I have done this on Plutohome and MythTV
systems.

However, I have to equivocate with reference to the uses of a single card to
tune in both digital and analog signals. There are cards capable of
tuning-in either digital or analog signals depending upon the system setup,
but I am not familiar with any cards that can switch between digital and
analog "on the fly."

So now I'm curious -- why are you curious? Any chance Senecadata
is contemplating the production of a small, fanless, diskless box with
enough video processing to handle HDTV -- preferable based on an AMD
processor and a nvidia chipset. Oh! and can it have at least 5.1 dolby,
and DVI out?  A machine such as this would make a very nice LinuxMCE
frontend.