[ale] OLPC in the ATL

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Dec 18 20:19:13 EST 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007, Grady Harris wrote:
> Have any of y'all who donated in the Give 1 Get 1 plan on the first
> day gotten the XO yet? Some folks in other parts of the country have.

No, and I am starting to worry. I ordered on the first day (late afternoon but
still the very first day) and received the generic email stating that it
would ship between the 14th and the 24th.

Started noticing reports of arrival first on Groklaw then, the next day, on
the OLPC lists. Someone mentioned no additional ship notice as promised in the
initial notice. Someone else reported finding theirs on the porch.

So, 10 day delivery window, no tracking number, and *no* signature required.
Yes, I'm a bit peeved!

Oh, to keep this on topic. Anyone running Sugar under an emulator? Or plan to?
Will only have a few days to play with the real thing and will have to resort
to emulation to be 'tech support' for my grand niece.
--
William