[ale] LaTeX question?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 16:06:29 EST 2007

A quick search returns this -- http://www.tug.org/utilities/texconv/textopc.html

I would be loathe to do it, though. LaTeX and Word serve two entirely
different purposes. Word is for those who don't know any better, and
LaTeX is for when it needs to be done right. It seems to me that if
you are working on a subject where LaTeX is the most appropriate tool,
then your instructor would accept a PDF, or even the TeX file. But if
the instructor is feeding the work through some sort of plagiarism
checker, then it's likely that the subject is english or literature.
For those, just stick with OpenOffice and hope that the Word exporter
gets it right.