[ale] OT - DVD player NTSC/PAL Region Free

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:00:40 EST 2007

Even further, most "buy it off the shelf" NTSC DVD players do not
support playing back PAL video even if you unlock the player. That is
the issue I ran into. That isn't the case on a PC, though. On a PC the
DVD reader merely sends data to software for decoding. Mplayer doesn't
care what specification the video is encoded to, it will mangle it
well enough to display on any video output device (e.g. an NTSC
television).

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/