[ale] OT: Bluetooth interference

Dr. Brian J. Dowd bdowd at dentfirst.com
Sun Aug 26 15:13:37 EDT 2007

Is it a "Corporate Campus" with 802.11 repeaters?
This would be a provision for connecting one or more WAP's over to some
other building which might not be wired to the corporate T-1 or OC-3 drop.
802.11 and Bluetooth both use the same frequencies (2.4 GHz) and it
would take a pretty strong signal to override a Bluetooth connection
from ear to hip. It does occur, however the 'area' of the problem is
usually very limited.
-Brian, W1DOC