[ale] OT: Bluetooth interference

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 14:54:43 EDT 2007

I set up my phone to give me an audible signal when Bluetooth connects and
disconnects (since I feel like an idiot when I talk into an unconnected
headset). Now that I've done that, I notice that Bluetooth regularly
disconnects at certain locations.  Every work day, I take a walk around our
office park at lunchtime. There is one area where Bluetooth *always*
disconnects and reconnects again when I walk another ten feet or so. Any
gearheads out there have an idea as to what could be interfering with
Bluetooth signals? There are other places where it drops out too, only to
reconnect again a few seconds later.