[ale] Low level computer flow

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:11:39 EDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Evan Pitstick <bikingnerd at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am taking some interesting classes this semester at KSU and I was
> looking for some more reading. Anyone know of any good pages that walk
> through how computers interpret machine code? Or maybe you think I
> should just try to find a good page on writing machine code and that
> would give me the understanding I am looking for?

What book are you using for the class? In my Comp Arch class at SPSU we used
this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Organization-Design-Revised-Printing/dp/0123706068/ref=pd_sim_b_img/102-9684896-5832930?ie=UTF8&qid=1187897874&sr=8-10
It seems to be a pretty widely used book for such a course. It starts you
off with the basics, using a RISC proc (MIPS), and then, at the end of each
chapter, it will usually talk about the same thing but with some Intel CISC
proc *shudder* Anyway, the book definitely went into more detail than I
needed.

-Steve Brown