[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Aug 23 11:08:10 EDT 2007

What crap - yum works well for me.   If you haven't tried it in years
how can you say it doesn't work.  I've been using it since FC4 and
haven't found any major issues with it.

As noted it figures out the dependencies for you.  Trying to throw the
old "rpm dependency hell" argument out as a reason not to use rpm based
distros while ignoring yum is specious at best.