[ale] Hard Drive destruction/data distruction techniques revisited

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Aug 23 07:39:41 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 05:57:07AM -0400, William Bagwell wrote:
> Old fashioned sledge hammer? Minor nit with # 4. Seems to me that every

This is actually a good idea; Hard drives these days use glass platters.
I've destroyed a couple with directed whacks from a hammer.  Of course,
removing the drive casing and hitting the platters directly is
recommended.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^