[ale] Hard Drive destruction/data distruction techniques revisited

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Aug 23 05:57:07 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, tom wrote:
> Have I missed any ideas at all?

Old fashioned sledge hammer? Minor nit with # 4. Seems to me that every
part of the drive, other than the platters of course, would be reusable.
Board swapping seems to come up often enough we all should hang onto them
to help each other.

> Somehow, I see the potiential for a technical paper - "Investigations
> into the Secure Deletion of Hard Disk Based Data"

Bbbut... then it would be dry and *technical*! Format looks good to me as
is.
--
William