[ale] Google to distribut StarOffice for free

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Aug 21 20:10:43 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Warren Myers wrote:
> <jacket don="firesuit">
> my question, though, is why people are still using wordperfect - with
> all the *SO* much better alternatives (like word, OO.o, ?rtf editors,
> etc)? </jacket>

I purchased a copy about three years ago solely for the grammar checker.
Had access to to the latest Word at school, needed a grammar checker at
home (and sure as heck was not going to buy Word!) OO.o was totally
lacking one at the time, so Wordperfect was the best choice... Actually it
*is* the best in many ways, though much harder to use than Words GC.

Will probably never use it again as I no longer dual boot. (Yeah me!)
However it was quite affordable if you buy the *2nd* newest version:)
--
William