[ale] [OT] Webhosting site

Alex LeDonne aledonne.listmail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:49:19 EDT 2007

On 8/16/07, William Bagwell <rb211 at tds.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 16 August 2007, David Tomaschik wrote:
> > I've had reasonable success with 8-95.com's 3.95/mo plan. My only
> > complaints have been a lack of SSH access, and secured SMTP and POP
> > access. I'm currently looking for a new host that offers those, but if
> > all you need is files, they do a great job. Servers right here in
> > Atlanta too.
>
> Not sure how well it would suit the OP, but for you I second Brian Pitts
> recommendation for asmallorange.com. I'm on the $5 per month plan and
> could easily get by with the $25 per year plan. (I was an optimist.)
>
> Think you still have to ask for SSH to be turned on, but they were very
> prompt in doing so when I asked. Have not actually used it since I found a
> work around for what ever I thought I needed it for...
>
> Their recent CPanel upgrade did not play well with the ancient Konqueror I
> was running at the time. Worked with Firefox though and since I have
> upgraded, again with Konq.
> --
> William

One more "me too" for asmallorange.com. No problems in over a year (or
is it two by now?). As Wm said, SSH for the asking. Shared hosts all
have PHP4, PHP5, Ruby + Rails, Perl, Python, etc etc, so you can
install pretty much whatever photo-sharing web app you like, and it
should "just work". AND based in Atlanta
(http://asmallorange.com/about/).

-Alex