[ale] Printers stink

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Mon Apr 30 00:44:26 EDT 2007

> I am just so fed up with HP products that I can't stand the thought of
> using them. Between the ink cartridges that "expire", crappy server
> hardware, non-existent support, over-priced consumable printer parts,
> etc, I've just hit my limit on spending money on HP anything. They are
> NOT the company the used to be.

Just to be contrary... I have an HP PSC 1315. Linux support for printing
and scanning is great, and in several years of (very light) usage I've
yet to replace the ink cartridge. When it's time, I'll just order a
remanufactured one from inksell.com. Perhaps their newer printers are of
lower quality, or maybe the models geared for businesses work
differently, but from my home-user perspective this printer/scanner was
a great purchase.

-Brian