[ale] Fiesty Fawn fumbling under wireless

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Apr 28 17:46:27 EDT 2007

I put Ubuntu 7.04 on my ThinkPad laptop, and I pretty much have everything
working except for a bit of weirdness under wireless. When the
network-manager attempts to connect to my Linksys travel router/wireless
AP, everything is going smooth until the network-manager wants to save the
password to the keyring. I have never set up a keyring password, and
haven't found a clue as to a default password might be. Any ideas where to
look or work arounds so this thing will "just work"?

FWIW, the keyring manager _is_ installed, I just have not found how to get
in.

Thanks in advance for the use of your bandwidth, and for any clues which
may turn up.