[ale] Back to needing direction on virtual hosts again. :(

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Apr 26 15:32:25 EDT 2007

Jerry Yu wrote:
> Jim, like Warren said, you need one separate
> <virtualhost></virtualhost> section per virtual host which has
> different DocumentRoot.
> For those virtual hosts who share a common DocumentRoot, they can be
> accommodated with serverAlias (?) directive inside a single
> virtualHost section
>

>     this needs to be inside its own virtual host directive
>
>             DocumentRoot /home/civil/public_html/
>             ServerName civil.farghnough.com <http://civil.farghnough.com>
>             <Directory /home/civil/public_html/>
>                 AllowOverride All
>                 Options FollowSymLinks
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 Allow from All
>             </Directory>

OK I had them in individual VirtualHost sections, but one of the sites I
googled showed them in a single section so I removed them.  Now it looks
like:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/
    ServerName farghnough.com
    <Directory /var/www/>
        AllowOverride All
        Options FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
    DocumentRoot /home/civil/public_html/
    ServerName civil.farghnough.com
    <Directory /home/civil/public_html/>
        AllowOverride All
        Options FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
    DocumentRoot /home/curly-onions/public_html/
    ServerName curly-onions.com
    <Directory /home/curly-onions/public_html/>
        AllowOverride All
        Options FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

But still doesn't work.

Anything else pop to mind?  This is a system with a single ip address.

Thanks,
Jim.