[ale] I've Been Made Redundant

John C jcouncilman at knology.net
Tue Apr 24 14:58:37 EDT 2007

This came in my mailbox today.  Don't know if it's what you have in mind
though....

Dear Consultant,

Hope you are doing good.

I have this very urgent req. with our direct client *Turner Broadcasting*.
Please go through the req. and send me your updated resume with these
details ASAP>

Full Name // Present Location // Availability // Contact No.// Visa Status
// Expected Hourly Rate

*SYSTEM ENGINEER*

*Posting Job Title*    Senior Systems Engineer

*Requisition #*  79428BR

*Department*   Internet Ops

*Location*        United States - Georgia - Atlanta

*Position Type*  Temporary (Long Term Contract)

The System Engineer is responsible for maintaining daily operational
controls of all LINUX and Web Farm server configurations, system libraries,
patches, OS changes, new product testing, alarms, alerts, triage and
documentation change control and load management. Support day-to-day
operations of all the systems used to deliver content, which may include
web, video, e-mail, application and e-commerce servers.

*Principle Accountabilities*

?        Assists in developing and maintaining processes and procedures to
deploy software and configurations into production environments.

?        Ability to rebuild the production, development and QA environments
with specific expertise in Linux, Unix, RedHat, clustering, backups and
other production procedures as necessary.

?        Reviews and suggests technology that will help drive performance
and process forward within Internet Operations

?        Identify and ensure the performance, trending, management and
monitoring tools are adequate and accurate for us to deliver quality
products to our businesses

?        Work with vendor engineers to validate integrity of systems and
service prior to staging to production

?        Performs disaster recovery tests and verifies with other team
members on service levels

?        Ability to work with fiber channel switches, perform
configurations, define and resolve all cable issues within the Data Center.

?        Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple environments

*Requirements ***

?        B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or related experience

?        5 years of experience in System administration, in depth knowledge
of configuration management using Linux and Unix.

?        3 years of Unix scripting

?        Must have experience configuring large enterprise, high
availability systems

?        Must provide on-call support and troubleshooting

?        Must be knowledgeable in Perl and shell

?        Must be able to develop tools and understand monitoring and storage
solutions

?        General understanding of DR/BCP

?        Must be able to communicate effectively with IO team

 Thanks & Warm Regards

*Lalit Mohan *

Sr. Technical Recruiter
Primus Software Corporation