[ale] Car PC's and internet radio?

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Tue Apr 24 11:43:02 EDT 2007

Ned Williams wrote:
> I was just curious if anyone out in ALE land has not only added a linux
> box of their choice of flavor to their car..but if they also given it
> enough mobile bandwidth so sustain an internet radio feed. I have done
> this with my treo ptunes and an mp3 2.5mm connector to my head unit but
> I am wondering about a slightly more permanent solution based off linux.
> And of course there is the fact that the treo + EDGE can only do 96 KPS
> streams reliably. Any EVDO, G3 or WiMax cars out there?  Who needs HD
> radio and its commercials or Sat radio and its rediculour rates if you
> have the net at your disposal....
>

> Ned

	I'd have to go back and try to locate the URL for it but I recall that
while living back in San Jose, CA there was an article put online about
a local guy that had equiped his Honda Element with a small  embedded
Linux system with a web cam, GPS, WiFi AP and EDGE broadband along with
a UPS that recharged off the alternator. I'll see if I can't find it
again. I recall I found it while researching the embedded system he had
used.

	Regards,
	Jeremy