[ale] OT: Humor: Vista shutdown screen

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Apr 20 13:00:26 EDT 2007

The rotation behavior is extremely configurable.

Your posts about this awhile back got me looking the XGL/Beryl stuff again, and the SUSE Wiki on it had all the RPMs (those things you expressed such fondness for...) and setups that I needed to make it work flawlesly.

I now have it running on all my desktops except for the heavy gaming box.  The openGL stuff is a little creaky at the bleeding edge of 3D accellerated stuff, but I don't need it on everyhing else.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

On Friday 20 April 2007 08:40:32 am Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Which bring to mind, while still off topic vista.  Has anyone used the
> Beryl window manager with Emerald window decorator?

I used beryl for a while.. but I had.. issues with the way it worked. OK, so I
probably could have configured it, but I really didn't want to get into all
that. It was neat, the window-blinds roll-up, the rotating window cubes.. but
it was annoying when my mouse went to the edge of a screen, and it rotated to
a new window..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800