[ale] Evolution - Left pane sorting?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Apr 16 16:11:39 EDT 2007

In Evolution one can set the "view" for the right pane to sort by date
received, sender etc...

Is there any way to set the left pane (folders list) sort.   I have a
user that has created folders with "!" or "#" as first character of the
folder name to group some items.   It appears Evolution ignores such
characters and just does a straight alpha-numeric sort.

So for example Evolutions sorts like so:
401k
Aliens
!Ancillary Tasks
Announcements
#Asterisk
Danishes
#Details
Disney
!Duties

When he would like to see it sort like so:
!Ancillary Tasks
!Duties
#Asterisk
#Details
401k
Aliens
Announcements
Danishes
Disney

Before anyone says it - yes I know we could reprograms it since it is
open source - I'm asking if there is a way short of that.
Note:  I don't think he needs it in the exact order above - just wants
the grouping by special character prepended to the folder name as shown.