[ale] Gnome Menus

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 15:50:56 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 15:46 -0400, Scott Castaline wrote:
> alacarte is the usual menu editor for gnome. try running that by just
> tyoing alacarte from a terminal. If not installed apt-get & install
> alacarte. Once running it should be straight forward what needs to be done.

Thanks Scott,

alacarte is installed, running it at a console shows this before it
continues:

    /var/lib/python-support/python2.4/gtk-2.0/bonobo/__init__.py:
           inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

Once it's up, it shows that all the menu items are missing.  If I click
on the folder "Internet", all I see is BitTorrent.  Yet Evolution,
Firefox, etc., are installed and working fine.

-Jim P.