[ale] CentOS 5.0 released!!

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Fri Apr 13 01:05:25 EDT 2007

What makes CentOS such a draw?

Pardon my naivete, but I've been playing in the OSX world quite a bit
lately.  I'm a full on Linux veteran, but last I heard Ubuntu was the
'hot new thing' (even though it doesn't impress me as much as Slackware,
but I digress).  I know it's built on a SELinux core, but that's pretty
much all I know about it.

NOTE:  This is not flamebait, I'm strictly curious why I'm hearing so
much about CentOS lately (and why all the VMware images seem to be built
upon it).   PLEASE DON'T FLAME and/or reply unless you're answering the
question directly.

Kind regards,
Chris Bergeron