[ale] CentOS 5.0 released!!

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:56:00 EDT 2007

whoa! it's 7 CDs or 1 DVD for the x64 edition.

What makes it that much bigger? (and don't tell me that files are all twice
the size cause it's 64-bit and not 32 :) )

WMM

On 4/12/07, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:

> I think that the rearrangement done by the upstream vendor of the
> packages on the disks made that an automatic thing. It should be just
> disk one. I have not loaded up my official RH disk set yet to test.
>
> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 17:54 -0400, Brian Pitts wrote:
> > Right now they only have 6-cd and 1-dvd versions available for download.
> > I hope they create a 1-cd "server" version like they did for v4.
> >
> > http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/5.0/isos/
> >
> > -Brian
> >
> > Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts wrote:
> > > As if you didn't have enough to download and play with, CentOS 5.0 has
> > > been released today.
> > >
> > > Use the torrents...

> James P. Kinney III
> CEO & Director of Engineering
> Local Net Solutions,LLC
> 770-493-8244
> http://www.localnetsolutions.com

> <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2