[ale] batch image resizing

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:16:41 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm new to this list, but I did play with using Imagemagick in PERL a few
years back to automate some image processing, so these scripts might be
useful too you as sortof a proof in concept.

I wrote them as an experiment to learn Perl and to be able to process IPTC
embedded information (captions, dates, photographer...) as well as doing
resizing and such. One is a shell script which can remove the spaces in file
names, and also resize pictures. The Perl script would also modify the
embedded info in the images and create .desc files which could be fed to
curator ( http://furius.ca/curator/ ) which is a python script which creates
static image galleries.

It all worked at the time (to create sortof a yearbook-on-cd) although I
haven't gone back to it since. Anyway, hope it's useful.

-George