[ale] Is this for Real

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Apr 10 08:11:05 EDT 2007

I must be old.   Until I was a teenager one was lucky to even get 4
channels (ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS) because outside the big cities usually
there was only 1 network station and *possibly* access to a public TV
station.

Even once basic cable came in we only had about 13 channels originally
and many of those were duplicate network affiliates from the nearest big
city.   I remember my disgust when I first subscribed to HBO as one of
the few premiums available only to have part it its schedule eaten up
with things like Fraggle Rock.