[ale] Installing Linux on Compaq

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Sat Apr 7 22:05:16 EDT 2007

You bought it messed up.  You are fixing it now. (sorry, couldn't
resist)

You should be fine since the windows installation was first.  I have
never had a Linux distro mess up a windows boot sector as long as the
windows installer created it.  Every distro I used (back when I
thought I needed dual booting) would go on fine after windows but
windows would never install smoothly after I have installed Linux.

It should see the second drive (slave jumpers) and you can install
your linux on it and leave windows on the first disk.