[ale] OT: PHP and MySQL Development on a Mac

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:43:52 EDT 2007

Wow, thanks for the suggestions Warren, Brian and Keith. I also have
been trying out a editor called Hyperedit.
It isn't freeware or Open-Source though, it's nagware that never
expires. so far I don't like it very much.

I am still trying to decide about Taco HTML Edit, but I will definately
take a look at your suggestions and thanks for sharing that website url
with me Brian.

I already had Firefox loaded but I saw a lot of goodies on that site
that I will be downloading to try out.

Keith, I know what you mean about this G3 500 CPU being a tad on the
weak side.
I can feel it whenever I am doing anything very intensive with the local
MySQL database on it.
It took me forever to get my flat file dump from the forum restored on
this machine.
I wound up having to break it up into separate files for each of the
tables and then I was finally able to get it to upload without timing out.

I can live with it though since I'm doing the admin and development
duties for the site for fun and the experience which will look good on
my resume. I already had the Imac sitting on my L shaped desk and using
it for Itunes so I figured I use it to do some real work. that way I
don't have to rely on my Windows Gaming machine, and I can continue to
tinker with my Linux test box without having to worry about breaking it
and loosing any of my saved code source,etc.

It also doesn't hurt that keeping the site working also makes my wife
happy ;)

Thanks again for the suggestions. I am looking forward to trying them out.

Kindest Regards,

Van Loggins