[ale] Keep space separated values sane in a bash "for" loop?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Thu Apr 5 20:37:50 EDT 2007

J.D.  - double quoting the output doesn't add any benefit when used in a
bash for loop.  For example:

for i in `\ls -Q`; do echo "Filename: $i:"; done

Still breaks the filenames up at the space.  I've tried escaping the
quotes (single and double), so I don't think that's the correct
solution.  I appreciate your suggestion though, so thank you.

Kind regards,
CB