[ale] OT: PHP and MySQL Development on a Mac

Brian Pitts bpitts at learnlink.emory.edu
Thu Apr 5 09:21:58 EDT 2007

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts wrote:
> I am wondering what PHP editors are available for Mac OSX, I am
> currently using one called TacoHTML (I think that is the name of it)
>
> Is anyone else on the list doing anything similar? If so what is your
> favorite editor?

When I was on a Mac, I used smultron.

"Some of its features are line numbers, support for syntax colouring for
many different languages, functions list, support for text encodings,
snippets, a toolbar, a status bar, HTML preview, split window,
multi-document find and replace with regular expressions, possibility to
show invisible characters, tabs, authenticated open and saves,
command-line utility, .Mac synchronisation, full screen editing and
running commands from within Smultron."

You can find a link to it and more free software at
http://www.opensourcemac.org/

-Brian