[ale] Way OT: 12Volt DC to 5Volt DC converter for gadgets ?

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Apr 3 12:14:31 EDT 2007

Have you tried Frys?  I'd expect them to have something.

Radio Shack probably has a solution as well.

You always could install a 7 volt Zener diode in series with your
5 volt device.  Recall that Zener diodes are installed backwards
as compared to normal diodes.  That's part of why the name starts
with the last letter of the alphabet.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]