[ale] best firmware for Linksys wrt54gl?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 06:39:57 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 05:51 -0400, Robert Story wrote:

> I'm expecting my linksys wrt54gl to arrive today, and wanted to see if
> anyone
> had recommendations on which 3rd party firmware was best. It seems
> that the
> two major player are DD-WRT and OpenWRT. I'm leaning towards OpenWRT
> because
> of their package management stuff...

I have been using OpenWRT for a while now (over a year, I think) and I
have rather liked it.  It's nice to be able to ssh into the router and
just do stuff.  :)  Also, you can add storage to it by using NFS, if
you're like me and do not want to do any hardware mods.

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!