[ale] Cent OS

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:53:45 EST 2006

I run my web server on it - I think it's a really solid server distro.
Redhat has made their focus the enterprise, and CentOS is the free recompile
of the current RHEL release. In fact, if you have an RHEL license, you can
use up2date with your RHEL license on a CentOS install.

WMM

On 10/31/06, Matt Kubilus <mattkubilus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great!  We use it test anything we want to run on RHEL without buying
> RHEL licenses.  Better than Fedora.
>
> -MJK
>
> On 10/31/06, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 15:19 -0500, Brandon Colbert wrote:
> > > Hey! What is everyone thoughts on CentOS?
> >
> > A well maintained clone of Redhat Enterprise Linux.  It's a solid
> > platform, with good community support.  I highly recommend it if you
> > have no need for a formal Support contract, and you need a Redhat
> > distro.
> >
> > -Jim P.

> Don't be a pioneeer.  A pioneer is the guy with the arrow through his
> chest.  -- John J. Rakos

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2