[ale] very bid device

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:35:08 EDT 2006

did you switch to GPT partition table instead of the default FAT table ? I
carved up several 3.6TB 3ware arrays on CentOS 4.1/x86_64 (AMD64) earlier
last year. fdisk didn't seem to be able to comprehend >2T (FAT table is
either the core cause or is the culprit). So did some ext2 fs utils, if I
recall correctly. I ended up using XFS as well. I have notes somewhere, if
interested.