[ale] HOW2 know which Debian kernel#s apply to the Sargedistribution ?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:55:07 EDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Courtney Thomas <courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>  Thank you for your reply.
>
> So, does this mean that, for example, if I install kernel-2.6.18, that it
> is not Sarge and
> all the Sarge packages will be improper  for that kernel  ?
>
> Thanks again,
> Courtney

Gee, I'm not certin about that. My guess is that 2.6.18 is an updated
version of Sarge.

I'm reading between the lines here, but I'm assuming that you want to update
to Sarge kernel; however, you are having difficulty finding packages to
match the kernel.

I would suggest not updating in a piece meal fashion; rather, get a full
distribution of Sarge. The full distribution will most likely have both the
kernel and the packages that you need..

If that won't work for you circumstances, then I suggest installing the
kernel, updating the kernel, then perhaps you will find packages to match
the updated kernel.