[ale] Voice Modems

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 15:12:27 EDT 2006

>  I'd shied away from asterisk because I thought the FXO hardware was out of
> my price range. Thanks for showing me otherwise. I'll definitely look in to
> this.

The big problem with hardware on IP telephony comes from dealing with
multiple lines.  If you want a single card solution, yeah, it can be
pricey for 4 analog lines.

>  I'm guessing from a quick read of
> http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20fax
> that there is no good solution for receiving faxes on a X100P? I currently
> have a headless iMac G4 running hylafax that I would love to replace; it's
> much too cute (http://tinyurl.com/yhoezm) to hide in a server closet.

Not sure, haven't done faxing with the X100Ps (we've moved to T1
trunks, but even then, Asterisk is a gateway to real fax devices with
ATAs).

bnm