[ale] Voice Modems

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Oct 16 15:04:36 EDT 2006

Something about little-endian vs. big endian. We used to have a devil of
a time getting drivers for even simple stuff like pci video cards and
ata adapters back in the day. If you got anything, it cost twice as much
as the PC equivalent to pay for someone writing not only the driver but
also the firmware to make it play nice with the Mac pci slot.

I was about to suggest seeing if there are any Mac internal modems on
ebay but I have no idea if there would be linux drivers for them.

regards,
William