[ale] Problem with mount

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:03:04 EDT 2006

Jim wrote:
> Jerry Yu wrote:
>> 'user' option implied 'noexec'
>>
> Thanks,  you'd think it would use actual values to override implicit
> values.  Gee is this a Microsoft utility?  :)

It, I think, is silly, historic behavior.  Thinking about it, I have
been bitten by similar issues in the past; specifically, this one, now
that I think about it.  Moving 'exec' after 'user' fixed it.

I might look into seeing if the maintainer would accept a patch to fix
that behavior (or, who knows, they may already have it...)

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> - Jabber: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand freedom: Use open and free protocols, standards, and software.